- Remember that website and blog visitors are impatient (skimmers & scanners)
- Make your posts easy to read by using bold titles and subtitles and bulleted lists
- Carefully set your post’s metadata and include your keywords in the post’s title
- Include an optimized link to a related piece of content on your website, and vice versa!
- Try to link to your new post from other posts/areas on your website
- Aim to craft some of your posts around your top keywords/keyphrases
- Include those keywords as links in your post and don’t forget to tag it!
- Provide high-quality content that readers will find value in…
When it comes to search engines, content is king. They value good quality content over “keyword stuffed” content, and give it much greater consideration in the rankings. But don’t forget about your human readers: Make posts relevant, timely, and actionable. Remember the general rules for “writing for the web”:
- Start with a solid outline & have a well-defined message/purpose
- Know your audience and always speak to your least informed reader
- Write tight; no unnecessary words
- Use active voice instead of passive voice
- Ensure that text is clear, concise, and correct
- Consider using a corporate style guide
Read full article: 19 Easy Blogging Tips You Can Use Today